Join the Club
About the Club
The Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club (SRGC) is a completely volunteer-run sports organization, which has served the community since 1961.
The Sunnyvale Rod & Gun Club has a wait list for membership. Basic membership requirements are that you must be at least 18 years of age, a US citizen, an NRA member, and not be a convicted felon. There are two types of memberships:
- Regular Membership: Regular members contribute directly to the club by performing work and range duty. New applicants must be sponsored or nominated by a Full member (plus have two concurring Full members) if they are interested in the regular working membership. The Probate Regular Membership is the first of two stages in a sequence towards becoming a Full Regular Member of the club. Annual dues are currently $50 per year.
- Probate Members will be required to complete a self-directed qualification book to move from Probate to Associate member (and then to Full member) in the club. The minimum time frame to complete the requirements is six months, and the maximum time frame is one year. If a Probate does not advance in a timely fashion they will be dropped from the club. Once all the qualifications are completed and reviewed you will be voted upon for advancement to Associate Member at a General Club Meeting. You must be present to advance to the next level.
- Probate Members may shoot at current member rates during public shooting hours, and may shoot during members-only time with an Associate, Full or Life Member present to provide oversight. Your immediate family members may join you in shooting at the club, with the same restrictions. Probate members may attend club functions or join in club activities, a list of which may be found in the monthly club newsletter.
- Probate members who do not finish the required range training sessions in a timely manner will be returned to shooting at public rates until that training has been completed.
- Special Membership: The Special Membership is designed for people who are unable to attend to the required duties and work parties around the club. There are a limited number of these memberships available. Special Members are eligible to shoot at member rates when the club is open, and may shoot during members-only time when an Associate, Full or Life Member is present to provide oversight. Your immediate family members may join you in shooting at the club, with the same restrictions. Special members may join in club activities, a list of which is published in the monthly newsletter. New applicants must appear before (be vetted by) the Board of Directors for a special membership before an intake vote of the club’s membership can be held. Annual dues are currently $400 per year.
The membership committee does not accept applications; rather, we invite people to apply for club membership after they are on the wait list. If you would like to get on the wait list, please send us a message via our contact form that states that you would like to be added to our wait list.
After you have received acknowledgement that you are on the wait list, the best way to become a member is to join us at our club, either during our public hours or at some of our scheduled activities, and get to know us. After spending some time with us you will have a better idea what type of membership you are interested in, and likely meet a member who will nominate you for membership if you wish to proceed.
Once a prospect is on our wait list they will have 30 days to let the club’s membership committee know the name of the full member who will nominate them for a regular membership. This will be recorded on the wait list and as openings occur prospects will be invited to complete an application over the following month including the signatures of the nominating member and the two full members concurring. If no nominating member’s name is provided to the membership committee within 30 days, the prospect's name will be purged from the wait list. Also the membership committee will not accept late applications.
As an all-volunteer working club we sometimes have imbalances in our membership's contribution of time at either the shotgun fields or the rifle/pistol range. To address this we may have applicants commit to a specific duty before they are invited to join the club.
All applicants must pay a one-time initiation fee of $250. Our membership year is July 1st to June 30th with an annual membership renewal period of February 1st to March 31st.
Note: The club has experienced a high level of membership interest. You may wish to check back with us so we know you are still interested in a membership, otherwise you may be dropped from the wait list.